Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I'm home safe and sound and as tired as I've ever been.  It's not really sleepy tired, it's more brain dead.  I don't think I can absorb another piece of information related to the written word, yet I'm oddly itching to write.  I'm only good for typing up my 45 pages of class and workshop notes, blog and watch the Olympics.  I'm not even sure I can read tonight.  

I don't know if I can really summarize the whole workshop experience.  It will probably take me a few months to get my head completely around the experience.  Overall, it was great, and I'd love to do it again.  But I'm not sure I'll be ready to go back next year.  It's hard to explain, but I'd only want to go back if I were in a very different place with my writing.  Maybe that's next year, maybe not.  

I learned a lot, made some fun new writing friends, met some real legends in the writing world and lived to tell the tale.  Definitely it was a good week.  

2 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Kelly Pollard said...

    Welcome back and do allow your brain a nice break before diving into your project again.Perspective is always good.

     
  • At 12:44 PM , Blogger M,S,R said...

    Kudos to you for having the cohones to put your work out there for critique. Looking forward to reading your completed work some day! Hope your girls got through their time without Mom.
    Take care.

    -Maria
    rubychron.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home