Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Just When I Think I am Starting to Get it Together....

Ever since our double dose of the RSV virus, the weeks with two kids have seemed easier. I don't feel so completely crazed. In fact, this week I have been rather proud of myself. The girls and I have been productive, I haven't been screaming like the Mom's you see on Nanny 911 and
the house has stayed neater. I have even had moments when I think , "Ah...the bliss of two children."

I realized I am delusional yesterday. The reminder of my truly addled state came early in the morning. You see, the day before yesterday, I had stopped off at the meat market to buy flank steaks. I bought 2, so I could cook one and freeze one, 'cuz let's face it, trips to a special meat market are a luxury. The day I went to the meat market was busy. I had been to Whole Foods, then the meat market, then I had to pick up La Nina at school. So, when we got home, I had groceries and 2 kids to unload from the car. I dashed into the house with the steaks, set them in the laundry room with my purse, then I dashed back out of the house after the girls, who were running down the street shrieking like banchees.

After herding the girls into the house, unloading the groceries, feeding Maggie a late lunch, getting La Nina down for her nap, I still had work to do. I was having a friend for dinner that night, and wanted to get some spaghetti sauce started, the house cleaned up and Maggie down as well. I started the sauce, put Maggie down and was about to start cleaning up, when I discovered my vacuum cleaner was in pieces in the laundry room. I was trying to fix the vaccuum, when La Nina woke up screaming. She had an accident during her nap that is always upsetting for her. I changed her, calmed her down and went back to the spaghetti sauce, figuring the vaccuum would have to wait.

Then before I knew it, Maggie was up, the friend arrived and we had a completely delightful evening. After my friend left, I had girls to put to bed, a kitchen to clean and a dozen emails to answer. I discovered my steaks in the laundry room while I was feeding the dogs the next morning. UGHH!!! Maybe I don't have it together after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home