Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, February 18, 2005

The Joys of Giving Back

We had so much fun tonight. Some friends have decided to adopt from China, so we had them over for dinner, introduced them to the girls, showed them our trips pictures and videos, and answered their questions. I think we enjoyed the evening more than they did.

While we were waiting for La Nina, several families helped us. I will never forget the family who invited us to their home and shared their trip tales with us before we adopted La Nina or the family I called in a panic to help me pack. Those families soothed my nerves so much. Meeting their daughters was reassuring. Whenever we spend time with a waiting family I think of the families who helped us so much and I am grateful again they were there for us.

It is also amazing the number of babies from China being adopted in this area. In the past 2 years, we have talked to at least 5 families and helped them prepare for their trips. And those are just the families we have met. I know there are many, many more. Before adopting La Nina, I knew of only a handful of families...now there are dozens.

Helping waiting families is fun for us: we get to relive our adoptions. Watching our videos tonight, we were able to see La Nina as a baby. She has changed so much in the last 2+ years. She is a little girl now. Hard to believe. We also showed them our Maggie video. I still can't get over how frightened she was when we met her. Maggie's transformation over the last 90 days is unbelievable. If you would have told me on November 16 that Maggie would be a happy, outgoing toddler by February 18, I don't think I would have believed it.

We are so excited there is another country "cousin" coming home to Pleasanton. We can't wait to meet her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home