Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Quiet Explained

Sorry I have been a bit quiet on the old blog. The Dad was out of town fly fishing in Montana for four days...isn't that nice for him. Then he needed a day to "recover" from his vacation. It must be so difficult to have fun for four days. I don't know how he did it.

It seemed like the weekend would offer all sorts of material, but it really didn't. The only issue we had was a classic kid plumbing problem. Before the Dad even arrived in Montana, one of our toilets was rendered useless. While La Nina was using the facility, the Magster decided to "help" her by putting an entire roll of toilet paper into the toilet. When La Nina flushed the toilet, I heard a very strange sound and saw La Nina run out of the bathroom. La Nina put her hands on her hips and stated, "The toilet's spilling everywhere and I didn't do it, Mom." Had the Dad been home it would have be quite funny, but things like this are rather humorless when you are single parenting. Nothing like plunging a toilet 5 hours into 4 days alone with the kids. The good news is I resolved the problem. The bad news is the Magster is still obsessed with toilet paper.

I write everyday. Sometimes the product of my effort appears here, other times it is for publication. This month writing for publication has been dominating my time. I have submitted 3 stories already this month and still have one to go before July 1st. I am getting much quicker at my articles, but I still spend more time than I should fiddling with them. So, my blog friends, my apologies for the quiet. But don't be surprised if it continues for a few more days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home