Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Etc, Etc, Etc.

Well, Thanksgiving season is in full swing: two pre-parties down and the big event is looming large. Yesterday, we celebrated the holiday with the Dad's extended family. We had a delightful time and reconnected with many members of his extended family. It was our first chance to introduce both our girls to many of his family members. Tonight was a little pre-Thanksgiving for my family as Tio will be working on Turkey Day. So, it was more turkey and more excitement for all of us. I expect the girls are going to question why we are celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday when we have already celebrated it twice.

*************************************************************************************
At the gym today, I was stuck on a machine in front of a TV showing the Maury Povich show, followed by the Montel Williams show. What a train wreck! I was so grossed out after Maury's show revealing the results of paternity tests that Montel's show on Child Abuse seemed tame. I have two questions: 1.) Why do people go on these shows? 2.) Why does anyone else watch them? I swear I needed a shower after working out, not from the sweat, but from the filth I had seen during those shows. Those men should be ashamed to put their names with those shows.

************************************************************************************
With Christmas fast approaching, I am starting to realize I have to start my shopping. Many past years, I was just about done by now. In fact, the year we adopted La Nina I had everything done for Christmas (gifts bought, wrapped and delivered) by 12/13...when we left for China. This year is a completely different story. I don't even have a plan. I hope I pull it off.

************************************************************************************
So get this-- for a while now, I have been claiming that La Nina gave me asthma. Everytime I get a cold it goes straight to my chest and settles there. I have had bronchitis 3 times since we adopted her and prior to that, I never had bronchitis in my life. Of course, no one really believed my whines. Ok, it isn't that they didn't believe me, they thought I was being a little dramatic. On Friday, I went to the doctor yet again with a chest cold, which was..no surprise bronchitis number 4. This time I am on inhalers for 3 months...the diagnosis: chronic bronchitis. At least I feel a little vindicated that my chest problems weren't my imagination. When the doctor asked me if breathing ailments ran in my family (which they don't) I told her, Yes, my daughter has asthma, completely forgetting that La Nina is from a different gene pool. Not realizing our family history, she said--"Well, she probably got it from you." I started laughing, when she said that because my mistake finally dawned on me. I explained my first answer, and she laughed too.

*************************************************************************************
Reality Show Update: Amazing Race- I was so disappointed it wasn't on last week! I missed it! My money is still on the Linz family, and I will miss the Paulo's. They were obnoxious, but you had to love them. Survivor- Can you believe Gary found the immunity idol one week? Then, the next week swung the alliance to vote out Jamie instead of him? Even if he doesn't win, you have to hand it to him. He is quite a schemer! And how do they not know he is Gary Hogeboom? Why hasn't Danni told them? Or did she and I missed it? Apprentice- I still think Randall, though the blond gal who won last week is pretty good. (I can't remember her name.) I just think that show is kind of boring this season.

That's it for now. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home