Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Updates, Updates, Updates

I can't believe I haven't written since we came home from Los Angeles. Alas, with birthday celebrations, Halloween and life in general, it has been a little hectic. Here is the latest from my corner of the world:

*To celebrate her second birthday, the Magster surprised her Dad and I by riding a tricycle around the court. Of course, the problem with achieving this feat so young: she can't steer! So, as long as I am fast enough to keep her from running into curbs, parked cars and mail boxes, she is good to go.

*Also, in honor of her second birthday, I started the Magster in nursery school two mornings a week. It' s the same school we have had La Nina at for a year and a half. While I have my issues with the school, the kids seem so happy there. I warned the teachers of Maggie's fiery disposition prior to starting her and they didn't believe me. They see her every Tuesday and Thursday with me, and couldn't believe she was "spirited". Then she proved me wrong by behaving like a perfect angel her first day. Of course, the second day, she screamed like a banchee. I think her teachers voted her "child with the strongest lungs" after Thursday's display.

* As for La Nina, we started a new gymnastics class and she loves it. Our old studio became very disorganized and I hated paying money to a group that couldn't get their act together. The new place is close to home and the class is smaller, so I have my fingers crossed it is going to work out. She is so flexible that my new rule is she must keep her feet below the table. I was tired of her eating dinner with her foot in the air by her ear...I'm not kidding.

* As of today, it has been one year since I worked full-time. And the thing I miss most: Business Trips. I never thought I would say that! Nothing sounds better than getting on a plane, dealing only with adults for five straight days, going out to dinner every night and sleeping in a strange bed, only myself to deal with in the morning, and coffee without interuption. Oh, it sounds so heavenly. Isn't it sad that I actually miss business trips?

*Halloween Costume Report: La Nina was a beautiful Mulan and Maggie was a lovely Cinderella. All my worries about Maggie trick or treating as "Buck Naked" were for not. She did a great job.

That is it for now. I think Randall is going to win the Apprentice and Gary is going to win Survivor. I was totally bummed the Gaghan Family was eliminated from the Amazing Race. In the Race, my money is on either the Linz Family or the Paulos.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM , Blogger Alan, Lila and Katie said...

    I agree with you about Randall on Apprentice...perhaps nobody deserves it more in all the time that show has been on.

    I somewhat agree with you about Gary, but only cuz everyone else is so lame....other than the gal from last season who I really hope does win...she has heart. But Gary may win anyway.....

    Alan Berris G88

    http://katieberr.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger One Lucky Mom said...

    You know, I love Steph, but I think the others will toss her out. Kind of the "She had her chance" theory. Gary is really low keying his athletic ability and he is pretty smart with his cover story.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home