Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, December 30, 2005

The Real Mysteries of Christmas

Now that the dust has settled and the house is slowly getting back to normal...I have discovered there are mysteries of Christmas that no one discusses. Let me be the first to offer the real mysteries of Christmas:

5.) Why is a toy more attractive the minute your sister is playing with it?

4.) Why would a toy company label a toy "with over 350 pieces" like it is a good thing?

3.) Why would Santa think providing 100 balls to go with Jump-o-lene is a good idea?

2.) When given the option, why do the children always chose the loudest possible volume setting on any and all toys? And why do the kids seem to compete for, "Who's toy is the loudest?"

The number one mystery of Christmas:

1.) Why would anyone give my kids a megaphone? Not that I am ungrateful, but really....no good will come of a megaphone when there is one megaphone and two kids (three, if you count Dad--who really seems to like the toy).

1 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM , Blogger Andrea (MaoMaoChong de Mama) said...

    Oh, and 2 or 3 megaphones would be better?! But really, a megaphone?!?! Are you sure this person isn't a secret enemy? Or a psychiatrist looking to drum up business?

    I was the only one that got my daughter loud toys--a Potty Elmo! She loves it, and it seems to be helping a bit. I sure wish I'd been able to continue the training/conditioning she'd had in China, but I'm not nearly scheduled enough.
    -Andrea

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home