Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

This Whole Holiday Thing...it snuck up on me

Ok, when did it become Christmas time? Wasn't it just Labor Day? I was still struggling to grasp that we have been home with Maggie a year, when La Nina's family day happened. And now we are a week away from Christmas. Stop the clock, I need to catch my breath.

This year is definitely better than last year, and we are more in the flow of the holidays now. Last year I just gave up I was so overwhelmed by two kids and jet lag. Even with my sanity somewhat restored, I find my head spinning with all the details. Am I supposed to take cupcakes to La Nina's class or Maggie's? Is the party tomorrow an ornament exchange or a book exchange? Is it a cheese tray or bagels for Saturday morning? And forget about the shopping, the wrapping, the baking and the crafting. I don't think I have had a quiet moment since November 15--the day before Maggie's family day. Make that October 15th, because we had to celebrate Maggie's birthday in late October. No wait, make that October 1, because we went to Disneyland.

In normal, non-holiday times, I am busy just getting the laundry done, the bills paid, the meals cooked, the kids cleaned and my stories written. When I had the holiday hubbub on top of it all, it seems really overwhelming. Sure, it is great seeing the kids so excited. La Nina really gets it this year and it is lots of fun seeing her so excited. The Magster is still a little young for the Santa scene, but she is always excitable. She is just bounding around because her sister is. The social commitments are lots of fun too. I just hope I am showing up with the right food and gifts, and I haven't forgotten a kid somewhere along the way.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home