Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

More blurbs!

Ok, my life is out of control and I just don't have time or inspiration to write anything long...here's a few reasons why.

La Nina is making 85 trips a day to the front porch to check the status of her Halloween Costume. I even showed her the tracking on the Fed Ex web site to prove its on the way and will be here THURSDAY. However, this doesn't deter her from the vigil. Now, at 5:30am, every morning, I'm awoken to the sweet question, "Is it Thursday?" What am I going to do when it is Thursday and she has to leave the house because Mommy is going to work?

I also couldn't get La Nina into soccer. The classes for her age group were completely booked. When I broke the news to her, she rounded her shoulders and asked, "Does this mean I don't get the shoes?" I'm telling you, she has no interest in soccer...she just wants those pink kleats.

On the other hand, Maggie loves soccer. This is the first time she has something truly her own. At her 'practice' on Saturday, she wouldn't do any drill that didn't involve the ball. So, her Dad wisely just let her dribble the ball everywhere she went. We've also figured out that 'Mommy and Me' soccer works better when its 'Daddy and Me.' If I go on the field with her, she just buries her face in my leg. If Daddy's out there, she just wants the ball. Go figure.

Another little bit of Maggie news to report: Today at 9:42 am, Maggie strapped herself into her carseat. I'm telling you of all the firsts I've seen my kids do, those car seat firsts are big. In my books this 'first' beats walking (the mixed blessing first) and is a close second to talking (I love the talking, but there are days..). I'm counting the weeks until she can release herself from the car seat. When I lose my status as official strapper and unstrapper, it will be a red letter day.

We had the carpets cleaned today for the first time since my pre-travel for Maggie cleaning frenzy. The last time we had carpets cleaned, I remember thinking it was going to be 'awhile' before we did them again...and it was... for good reason. The girls and I had to leave the house at 9:45am and couldn't return until 7pm. We went to Maggie's gymnastics, Chinatown in Oakland, did a couple of errands, went to the Library and went to dinner. When we got home, we were all exhausted. Perhaps this is why I'm uninspired to write this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home