Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Another Week Begins

Another week begins. Big sigh! My "To Do" list is getting shorter and it will soon be time to stop with my house cleaning frenzy and start getting ready to travel. The good news about this wait is that my house is cleaner than it has been in years. The bad news is I have been cleaning it, which is a sure sign I am not mentally stable as my past posts can attest.

If you know me, you will know I don't rank house cleaning high on my list of fun things to do. I am committed to keeping a cleaning lady, even if it means I have to take a second job to afford it. Yet, for some reason, nesting happens even to adoptive Mom's and I have been in a cleaning frenzy the likes of which I have never known.

Just for my own future amusement, I thought I would document a few of the projects I completed since 10/1.

I ripped apart and reorganized my laundry room. This also meant I had to rip apart and reorganize the closet in the Master Bedroom. I am still not sure how these project were tied together, but for some reason, I couldn't reorganize the laundry room when my closet was a mess. There was some truly twisted logic at work that night. The result: Eight shopping bags of my old clothes went to Charity.

The carpets have been cleaned. (Of course, La Nina spilled my coffee on them this AM, so they need it again.)

The blinds have all been dusted and the curtains have all been washed and rehung. (This is a very bad sign. I hate cleaning blinds.)

I dusted all my silk plants. I don't really know why I did this, but it seemed important one night.

This morning I was dusting base boards. Again, I am not sure why..but they were gross and now I really want to finish the entire house. What is wrong with me?

I think that is all that was actually started and completed in the first 17 days of October 2004. If you know me, you know someone should probably prescribe something for me.

I am running out of things to clean and have even contemplated taking on "the Office". We better hear something this week, because "the Office" may just kill me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home