Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The BIG Day

Well, it's official. My baby is three! I know everyone says it goes fast, but you just don't realize how fast until you're in it...then it flies. So here is a run down of the Big Day.

Maggie got up, watched television, didn't eat her breakfast and went to see the doctor. Just a well baby check, and he was dutifully impressed by her progress. Remember, this is the man who had to coach me through sedating her for blood work...he lived the history, he knows where we've been. The great news: Maggie's no longer considered underweight. She is just a normal, small sized three year old now.

After the doctor, she was starved, so I gave her some wheat crackers and water while we drove to school to pick up La Nina. Since Maggie wasn't in class Friday, her teacher had me bring her in for a little singing and a crown. BIG HIT. We came home, she refused to eat her turkey and cheese lunch, and we headed for the Pumpkin Patch.

Once out at the patch we met up with some friends. And of course, we picked up some pumpkins. After that, we decided to give the corn maze. Alas, we got lost and Maggie had to pee in the corn. I hope no one going to eat that stuff. I felt bad...but what's a mother to do when lost in a corn maze with someone yelling, "I need to potty." Luckily, La Nina found the way out, so we recovered by eating a snow cone and drove home...La Nina and Maggie both napped in the car.

Then we had a little dinner for Nana, Papa and Auntie and Tio, but Maggie was too excited to eat. So, she skipped dinner, opened presents and went right for the cake. I think all day yesterday she ate a few wheat crackers, a bite of turkey, a snow cone and cake. That's some fine parenting, isn't it?

Needless to say, she had a great third birthday! And like I said, I spent most of the day wondering where the time has gone.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home