Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This and That

As it is every year, La Nina is miserable whenever it is her sister's birthday.  The inhumanity of her sister taking the spotlight tortures her.  But today, there was a bright spot.  La Nina won a good character award at a school assembly.  We're very proud of her and grateful to the school for letting her light shine some right now.  

Speaking of La Nina's light shining, twice in the last two dance people have commented La Nina's physical coordination.  Yesterday her soccer coach brought it up and today her teacher did.  (The PE teacher said something to her.)  The story isn't however that La Nina's an athletic little kid.  It's what she was as a baby.  La Nina didn't walk until she was nearly 18 months old.  The doctors were warning us she could be sent to early intervention if she didn't get off her duff.  While I was worried, she was a great crawler and climber. I suspected she was not interested in walking.  Now, whenever anyone comments on her coordination, I laugh to myself.  All that worry.  Who knew?

I've been writing freelance again since the kids went back to school.  I turned in my third story earlier tonight.  Let me tell you, the best way to improve your writing is to write some fiction.  After mostly writing fiction for two years, writing non-fiction is a delight.  I love the fact there are facts and I don't have to make everything up.  What a treat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home