Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

It's a humdinger...

It started at 3am.   The Magster called me and I went into her room to find one heck of a bloody nose in progress.  I'm not talking about a drip.  It was a faucet turned on, full blast and there was no turning it off.  I ran around the house grabbing boxes of tissues, wet wash clothes and clean bedding while simultaneously holding tissues to Maggie's nose and trying to find the right nasal pressure point to stem the tide.  After about 25 minutes, I'm not kidding, it was 25 minutes long, it started to let up.  By 4am, it was over, the bedding was changed, the pajamas were changed, laundry was started and I started to head back to bed.  Then, she sneezed.  And it all started again, but it was much shorter the second time through.  And with changing and laundry included I made it to bed at 4:30am.  

So fast forward to today, I finally decided to run her into the doctor.  She wasn't eating much, she was still running a fever and the whole nose thing had me a bit on edge.  A quick visit to the doc, strep suspected, anti-biotics prescribed.  Nose bleed most likely due to antihistimines, so no more antihistimines for the Magster.  I'm driving home and lighting strikes again in the car.  The nose explodes.  I pull over the first chance I get, I promptly go through my purse pack of tissues and I had a decision: Frighten several people in a dance studio nearby, call 9-1-1 or make a run for the house where my neighbor, a nurse, could help me.   I take option three, tear home, get another neighbor to get the nurse.  It was another 25 minutes of intense nose action.  The neighbor is calm.  I'm frazzled.  The whole car part of the equation left me spooked.  
So, as I put the Magster down tonight, she's a little paranoid about her nose, I'm a little paranoid about her nose, and I'm really just hoping we all get some sleep.  

1 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

    Yikes! That does sound like a humdinger. And nosebleeds seem to last so very long...like a head cut...they bleed a lot and for a long time. I'm an experienced nose bleeder---I know how Mags feels. Kisses to her and I hope they've left as quickly as they arrived!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home