Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Turning 7

La Nina's turning 7 in a couple of weeks and I've been asking her what she wants for her birthday. Here's our last conversation as close as I can remember:  

Me:  What do you want for your birthday?
LN:   Toys
Me:  What kind of toys?
LN:  I don't know, what do I like?
Me:  I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
LN:  I guess I want a purse.
Me:  But that's not a toy.  
LN:  What about shoes?  
Me:  Not a toy. 
LN:  Then I don't know what I want.  May be a digital camera.  
Me:  Not a toy.

In her entire life, I don't think La Nina's ever really played with a toy.  Sure, if the Magster's playing with something, she'll join in.  But I can't think of a single time she's gone into her room, found a toy and played with it.  I don't think it's going to start now.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM , Blogger Will and Julia's Mommy said...

    This may be good and bad.

    Good... not needing to spend money on toys that won't be used.

    Bad... her other choices are quite expensive! :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home