Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer's Here...and not a moment too soon

I tell you, the last two weeks of the school year are utter chaos. There are school plays, water days, field days, donuts for dad, dance recitals and dress rehearsals. I've felt like a hamster running as fast as I could on a wheel that wouldn't stop spinning. Then, last night hit. We wrapped up Maggie's dance recital and I realized it was over. No more end of the year insanity. Just days of blissful summer time stretching before me like a lazy trail through a peaceful meadow.

Of course, this is really just an illusion. La Nina's next dance season starts July 12. There are plenty of summer camps planned and vacations too. But I'm trying not to think about all that packing, unpacking and laundry. I'm trying to focus on the lack of homework, the delightful reality of not rushing children to school every morning. The smell of chlorine and suntan lotion on my kids' skin. Lazy afternoons by the pool. Awww...just pour me another margarita, let me slip into some sandals and all will be well in my world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home