Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Give that woman a raise

We now return to our regular, dull editorial content. My detour into political blogging has now ended but I reserve the right to return to it at any time.

With the Dad's current condition hiring a nanny became critical to our ability to function as a family. I found a woman who fits well with our family and has become my right arm in making things happen and getting kids where they need to be. She's been with us for a couple of months now. Apparently, the honeymoon is over, because the other night the girls started complaining about her. Being a fair and open-minded parents, the Dad and I asked them for their complaints. Here's the list or a very fair representation of them:

1.) From both of them: She makes us do our homework right after we finish our snacks and she checks it. If it isn't right, she makes us do it again.

2.) From the Magster: She only lets me have 2 cookies after school. After that I have to eat fruit or cheese or something healthy.

3.) From La Nina: She gets mad at me if I take too long after school. She says it's rude to make her and Maggie wait for me.

4.) From both of them: She won't let us play with our DS's until we're done with our homework and have put away all our stuff.

This is where they stopped, because the Dad and I were laughing so hard we were crying. She makes them do their homework, she makes them eat healthy snacks and she forces La Nina to be considerate of others. Oh yeah, she's really awful. NOT! Sounds like we hired ourselves a good nanny and the kids are just going to have to cope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home