Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolutions

With only one day left in 2010, I think it's safe to officially declare I kept my 2010 resolution. I did something I've been meaning to do forever and I'm so happy I did it. I started a book journal. For those non-bibliophiles, a book journal is a journal where you record the books read during a calendar year and make some comments to yourself about them. Probably having a book journal is a sign that you're a complete dork. Since I'm actually writing about my book journal, I'm sure that makes me an uber-dork.

Yet, here are some of the great things I can do now that I have a book journal. Here are a few fun facts from my journal:

Books Read During 2010: 27 (My sense is this is about average for me.)
First book of the year: The Help, by K. Stockett
Most recent book completed: Garden Spells, by Sarah Addison
Books I Couldn't Get Through: 1 (Cutting for Stone...I gave up around page 200.)
Best Books: The Help, The Book Thief, The Girl Who...series, Elegance of a Hedgehog
Worst Book: Getting to Happy, Terry McMillan, Sweeping Up Glass
Book that made me laugh so hard I cried and embarrassed Maggie in a public place: Sh*t My Dad Says (Really, she told me to "get a hold of myself")

The great thing about a resolution like this one is that I know I'll keep it going. Now, that I've started tracking my reading, I'm sure I'll always do it. Now, to find an easy resolution for 2011...hmmmm...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:16 AM , Blogger Marci said...

    Oh my! This post is cracking me up. I just saw Cutting for Stone at the airport bookstore and thought about getting it, but then I remembered I gave it to and figured I'd see what you thought. Ha! I got my answer. It cracks me up that my book was the only one you couldn't finish. Guess I'll stick with other choices.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home