Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Playdate Post

We're in the middle of a huge playdate, but I just have to write this conversation before I forget it.

Nice Christmas Carols are playing. The kids just finished decorating cookies.

Friend #1: Can't your mom put on hip-hop?

I freeze in the kitchen and think, "Over my dead body."

La Nina: We don't get that kind of music in this house.

Friend #1: Yes, you do. Your Mom is listening to XM. I can show you where it is.

I'm thinking, time for this kid to go home.

La Nina: If you do that, she'll make you go home. She really doesn't like hip hop.

Friend #1: Oh, okay.

I almost burst out laughing. Especially since it's true, but it's also true that La Nina doesn't like hip hop. It's the only form of dance she doesn't do because she can't stand the music. I've done something right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home