Many of you know that for the past 11 months the Dad has not been able to drive. And let me tell you, I've been keeping a mental list of all the things he can do when he starts driving again. Here's my top ten:
10. Make all late night store runs for milk.
9. Drive the dance carpool 4 times a week.
8. Park anywhere he likes without my commenting on what a horrible parking spot he selected.
7. Take the kids to school...every.single.morning.
6. Figure out where soccer practice is, then drive there. It's a moving target.
5. Fight to get the kids ready to go anywhere on time (except dance...La Nina is always ready for dance.)
4. Be the designated driver for any social event.
3. Take himself shopping for new clothes.
2. Leave the house with the kids so I can be home alone. Think about it. It's been a year.
1. Repay the year's worth of bad kids movies I've seen because "You have to drive anyways."
Let's hope this chapter in our lives is getting close to behind us. I'm very ready to have another driver in the house.