Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, September 05, 2011

Top 10 Things The Dad Can Do When He Starts Driving Again

Many of you know that for the past 11 months the Dad has not been able to drive. And let me tell you, I've been keeping a mental list of all the things he can do when he starts driving again. Here's my top ten:

10. Make all late night store runs for milk.
9. Drive the dance carpool 4 times a week.
8. Park anywhere he likes without my commenting on what a horrible parking spot he selected.
7. Take the kids to school...every.single.morning.
6. Figure out where soccer practice is, then drive there. It's a moving target.
5. Fight to get the kids ready to go anywhere on time (except dance...La Nina is always ready for dance.)
4. Be the designated driver for any social event.
3. Take himself shopping for new clothes.
2. Leave the house with the kids so I can be home alone. Think about it. It's been a year.
1. Repay the year's worth of bad kids movies I've seen because "You have to drive anyways."

Let's hope this chapter in our lives is getting close to behind us. I'm very ready to have another driver in the house.




2 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

    I just took in a 17 year old boy from Canada who's hoping to become a pro soccer player. He's been signed with the the SJ Earthquakes and I cannot imagine how you can possibly work and handle all of the dancing, soccer, etc. that La Nina and the Magster do - and EVER get a moment of "self" time! Help me out here! I'm dying and it's only been a week!

     
  • At 3:19 PM , Blogger One Lucky Mom said...

    The best advice I was given regarding my situation came from the Dad's neurologist very early on. She told me the key to keeping my sanity was to exercise every single day. So, I get up very early every morning (the only time I get Me time consistently) and I go to the gym or for a walk or something. Admittedly, things like book clubs and other groups are very tough to do, but I sneak in a dinner with friends at least once a month. God luck!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home