Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Family Contributions Help Living Conditions

Apparently, the prior entry on the state of my house was interpretted as a desperate plea for help by members of my family. The offers for assistance were pouring in the morning after I posted the honest assessment of our living conditions. Not being a fool, I took full advantage of the offers. So, thanks to 2 days of cooperative, concurrent napping by the girls AND a third day of the full Dolan press, I am happy to report our living conditions have vastly improved. Here is my revised household inventory:
  • For the first time since the first of October, our dining room table is not only visible but actually absent of all but the most minimal clutter.
  • We have a living room with couches and a grown up coffee table, and most importantly, no signs of Christmas.
  • The entry way is still a play ground, but it is still raining. This room will remain a play ground as long as the weather warrants it.
  • The bedrooms are vastly improved. All the girls' clothes have been put away and one of the dressers has been sorted and reorganized. I now have a charity bag and a hand-me-down bag started.
I am ending the year with my house back to normal and looking forward to 2005, even though it is doubtful I will be awake late enough to see the New Year. Thank you to Nana and Papa for taking LaNina all day, Auntie for coming over this afternoon to keep me focused and Maggie for taking 2 naps over an 1.5 hour each today. My spirits are vastly improved, thanks to your contributions. Happy New Year to All!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home