Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Sisters

Obviously, sharing the spotlight has been an adjustment for La Nina, but she has handled it quite gracefully. Now that the initial shock of the change is wearing off, there are signs that the girls really beginning to enjoy each other. Maggie spontaneously hugs and even kisses La Nina and lately, La Nina hugs her back.

I tried to put the two of girls down for a nap in the same room today. As I left, I heard the room erupt in giggles. Through a crack in the door, I could see the Magster was hamming it up for La Nina, who was on the floor squealing in delight. After about 5 minutes, I heard a very tired La Nina tell Maggie, "Stop now, Maggie, I am very tired." Maggie's response? Like all little sisters, she threw her blanket at La Nina and kept on going. When I saved La Nina from her sister a few minutes later, La Nina looked up at me and said, "Thanks Mom. Maggie can be very silly." So true.

La Nina enjoys running to the bedroom to say "Good Morning, Maggie Monster" to her sister. When Maggie wakes up crying during the night, I frequently find La Nina standing next to Maggie's crib, doing her best to soothe her. Now in the bath tub, the girls actually play with each other and La Nina is getting less sensitive about getting water in her eyes. Sisterly love seems to be second nature for these two and I feel so lucky to watch it evolve during my days with them.

It is such a joy to stand outside their room and hear them giggling. Or to catch La Nina "reading" Maggie a story. Or to watch them share a meal--literally. The glimpses of togetherness make all the times when I have to tell La Nina to be gentle with Maggie worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home