Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Sick Mom Has No Fun!

I definitely have La Nina's virus. What happened to the days when I just went to bed if I didn't feel well? Today, I cleaned up the family room, emptied the dishwasher, changed a diaper, dressed a child, fed a child, fed 2 dogs and made a pot of coffee, all before 7am. And I was running a fever. Can you tell I am still feeling whiny about the whole episode? And the absolute worst part: I had to miss my Saturday morning hike with my friends. We hike through rain and sleet and the dark of night, but this morning, that hike wasn't going to happen for me.

I finally surrendered to the fact my 'sleep it off strategy' failed around noon and took some DayQuil. Thank God for DayQuil. After I took the medicine, I laid down for a bit. Note: the word nap is not in that sentence, because I never fell asleep. After 20 minutes of quiet, La Nina decided she needed to lay down with me. There is nothing restful about laying down with a squirming, coughing 3 year old. About 5 minutes after La Nina joined me, Baby Destructo (aka Maggie) pulled one over on Dad, literally. A lamp in the family room went down with a loud crash. The crash forced me to rally. Who can stay in bed when you hear a huge crash, followed by "Maggie, NO-NO"? I had to go see what my little angel had done this time. My fever finally broke while I was vacuuming shards of glass out of the carpet.

The good news is La Nina is on the mend. She hasn't had a fever since she started the antibiotics and today, she actually ate a PB&J. I don't think she has eaten since Wednesday. I am sure she will probably be good as new and really hungry tomorrow. I hope I recover as quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home