Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Ugh! Sick Again!

Hard to believe, but we are sick again. La Nina has viral pnuemonia for the second time this year. Not RSV, this time around it is probably caused by a different virus, but that is no consolation if you ask me. I suppose between her finger sucking and asthma she is doomed to suffer more ailments than usual. So far, Maggie seems ok. I am keeping my fingers crossed she stays healthy, but I have caught her sucking on La Nina's sippy cup one too many times to feel confident that she will remain healthy.

The really bad news is I think I am coming down with the same virus. The ultimate insult of motherhood: You nurse a child through illness, only to end up sick yourself. Something about being coughed on by a sick kid and helping a youngster keep their runny nose wiped clean makes a person more vulnerable to illness. Go Figure!

The pediatrician recommended a good cough medicine for me while I was there. I don't think that is a good sign. I am hoping a good night sleep and a lot of fluids will knock it out for me. If I am quiet for a couple of days, no worries. It is just the NyQuil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home