Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

We're not in Kansas anymore...

Ok, last night, while we were sleeping, a twister hit and dropped our house in Africa. Yep, that is the only thing to explain the 110+ degree temperature today. Our patio actually hit 120 around 3:30 today. I think I saw an elephant this morning out at the park and I'm pretty sure there was more than one hippo at the pool, not that we were there to see it. It was too darn hot to leave the house.

For the record, I like the heat. You will never hear me complaining while temperatures are in the 90's, even the low 100s. But once it hits 105 the heat loses me, and 110+, I just think it's survival.
Today we just stayed in all day. We'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home