Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Concentration

After dinner tonight, I sat down with the kids to play their favorite game. Concentration. Remember that game? You put a deck of cards face down and then find matches 2 by 2. So, there we were, me, the Magster and La Nina, playing cards on the ottoman.

It started off well for me. I found the first couple of matches and thought I might actually have a prayer. However, those were the only matches I made for the rest of the night. The Magster absolutely ran the table. La Nina did pretty good too, but when it wasn't her turn she was doing cartwheels, so her vision of the table was limited to the cards she turned over on her turns. I, on the other, was watching everything and still couldn't make a match.

I figured out early on, Maggie was using me. She would watch me not get a match, then use my miss to make her own matches. It was humiliating. My three year old cleaned my clock by manipulating me to turn over cards for her! However, in my defense, I must ask...what did she have on her mind other than the cards? NOT ONE THING!

I, on the other, was worried about voting tomorrow, getting the kids in for flu shots, paying my payroll taxes on the business and completing a story that I'm freelancing. And that is just my list of worries for the next two days. Add to it work issues, the AWOL cleaning lady, the upcoming holidays, and any number of other stress and I'll tell you, it was totally unfair.

So, from now on, I only play concentrationj with them right before a big party they are looking forward too attending. May be that way, I'll win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home