Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Magster Update

With all the excitement over La Nina starting school, the Magster getting very little blog time these days. Yet, as always she's blog worthy.

The Magster wrapped up her second week of preschool today. She seems to love it. She's made a friend, she trots into the room with a smile on her face and she LOVES all the art. However, as always with the Magster, things never quite go as easy as they appear.

Last Friday, I asked the teacher how Maggie was doing and the teacher said fine. I was immediately suspicious as I know the Magster and "fine" is not a word used often to describe her. So, I asked if she was speaking in class. And the teacher said, "No, she doesn't speak. Does she talk at home? " Oy vey. I can't get her to be quiet and these people think she doesn't speak.

Anyhoo, when I picked up Maggie today, I asked again how she's doing. The teacher said, "Well, she talks to her friend now." And it begged the question, "Does she speak to you?" And the teacher said, "Oh no. But now we know she talks." Great.

So, I get in the car with the Magster and I casually ask about school. I get this indepth description of the art, I hear about the playground, I even got the download on the story. OK...sounds good.

So, tonight, I ask, "Well Maggie, your teacher tells me you don't talk to her."

"Nope. Mom. I don't talk to her," she answers as if this is totally obvious and why would she even consider talking to her.

"Why don't you talk to her, Maggie? She's very nice." I said.

"Oh yes. I like my teacher, Mom."

"So--why don't you talk to her?"

"I don't want to."

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't have any questions, Mom." If she knew to add the word 'duh', she would've.

And there you have it. When the Magster has a question she'll speak. Until then, she'll just bend my ear. Good grief! I don't know why I worry about her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home