Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Happy Mother's Day



In my few years of motherhood, I've learned a few things.  One of them is the meaning of Mother's Day.  See...I have this theory:  the only day that is mother's day is one where I'm laying by a pool, reading, drink in hand and no children in sight.  Otherwise, I'm on duty...Mother's Day or not.  Since I'll be working Mother's Day again this year, I took matters into my own hands. 

Since my mother's day gift to myself was erected in the back yard, the girls spend most every waking hour outdoors bouncing like Tigger.  They are too tired to fight my requests and go to bed or fall asleep wherever (La Nina fell asleep on the floor the other night) by 7pm each night.  

To this I say, Happy Mother's Day to me.  

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Kelly Pollard said...

    You deserve that trampoline, mama! Isn't life so much sweeter now with worn out kids?

    Happy Belated Mother's Day!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home