Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

For Auntie..."Fancy Girls"

I told my sister this story and she's been after me to post it to the blog.  So, I'm finally jotting it down.    The following conversation happened in the car the other day.  In the way of background, "fancy girl" is a very desirable title in our house.  Near as I can tell, it means you wear lots of makeup, high heels and sparkly clothes.  I've been informed by my daughters that I'm not "fancy."  

La Nina leans over to Maggie and starts in:  "Maggie you are not a fancy girl.  You don't have high heels or make up.  And your skirt isn't very pretty."  

The Magster listens, looks her up and down, then leans over and answers:  "Fancy girls don't suck their fingers."  

La Nina is silenced.  She sticks her fingers in her mouth and looks straight ahead.  The Magster looks out her windows and smiles.  I don't know why I feel so protective of my younger daughter.  She manages just fine without my help. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home