Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just when I thought I had it together...

I was so organized this summer.  Back in June, I downloaded the supply list for incoming first graders and went shopping.  I avoided the crowds and got everything I needed in one trip.  As an experienced parents, I knew there was nothing to worry about with the Magster.  In Kindergarten, you simply write a check for supplies, sign some forms and you are good to go.  Did I ever check the web site?  Of course, not.  Why would I?  I just finished kindergarten.  I know what to expect.

Fast forward to this morning.  We had a park playdate with several friends to yack about teachers and the upcoming school year.  I invited a friend who has kids going into Kindergarten, so the Magster would get to know them and my friends kids have La Nina's old teacher, so I thought she might like to meet the other parents in the dual immersion program.  

The conversation went a bit like this: 

Friend:  "Did you see that supply list?"  
Me:  "Oh it was terrible for first grade, but at least we don't need to worry about it for kindergartners."  
Friend:  "No, there's a list on the web site for Kindergarten.  I bought 96 glue sticks."  
Me:  "What?  There wasn't one in June."  

I came home and lo and behold, there's a kindergarten supply list this year.  It's officially four days before school starts and I have a fifteen item list that needs to be fulfilled AND I can't go to Office Max until Sunday.   The poor Magster.  I hate to send her to school without the supplies she needs, so I guess I'll be hitting the store and winging it with the crowds.  I thought I had it so together.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM , Blogger Kelly Pollard said...

    Man I hate when that type of thing happens. Hope it all worked out and the girls had a great first day!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home