Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November

November used to be such a great month.  The holidays were beginning.  Good food filled the refrigerators.  A four day weekend capped off the feasting.  Now, for whatever reason, November has become a month when the kids don't go to school. 

Yes, it's only the 12th and the kids only have three full days of school left between now and December 1.  Seventeen full days between now and Christmas break, but who's counting?  Why?  I wish I knew.  

Next week there's parent teacher conferences so La Nina only goes for half days.  Unfortunately, it's not the same part of the day as Maggie goes, so that means my daily "alone" time is 1 hour for three days next week. Needless to say, I won't be freelancing for anyone next week.  Then next Friday, the kids have the day off, followed Thanksgiving break.  Yep, Thanksgiving now merits its own week off.  I'm sure they give us Thanksgiving off to protect their funding.  Many people travel that week, so the school loses out on funding.  Therefore, they give us the week off to save money.

It's always struck me as ironic that if we take our kids out to go on vacation, they make us feel guilty.  "We lose funding" they cry.  Yet, the schools can put us on any crazy schedule they want and we have to adapt.  For me, it's fine.  The folks I feel for are working parents.  I'm not sure how they make all this work.  

  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home