Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Wii bit of a dilemma

So, big news in my household.  I won a Wii.  Yep, out of no where, my name was drawn in a contest I never entered and I was the lucky winner of a Wii.  I found out via email early yesterday morning and ran into the bedroom to tell the sleeping Dad.

"Honey," I said giving him a hard shake.  "Honey, I won a Wii."  

"Huh?"  

"A Wii.  I won a Wii,"  I said again.

"If you want to wee, then go."  He rolled over and went back to sleep.  

"No, I don't 'want to wee', I won a Wii,"  I shook him again, then left the room.

It was too early to call anyone, so me and my good news had to just wait around.  When the Dad finally did wake up and realized I didn't have to use the restroom but won a new video game, he was excited.  But little did I know, it would be a big disappointment to someone.  

My stroke of good luck ruined all my mother's plans.  She bought us a family gift this year for Christmas and guess what it was, a Wii.  Yep.  My poor mother who does so much for us was totally messed up thanks to my good luck.  While she's trying to decide what to do with an extra Wii, I thought I'd ask all of you for advice.  She reads this blog and could probably use some help.  Any ideas?  Please comment away.  And Mom, read the comments for some ideas.



5 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM , Blogger Marci said...

    She should exchange it for a Wii Fit. The entire family will have fun with it. Oh, some extra controller and nunchucks will be useful as well -- and rechargeable batteries! Trust me, the Wii investment doesn't end with the item you won!

     
  • At 2:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    What a nice Mom! Well, if you're not going to send it to me (a complete stranger you've never met), then I have to agree with Marci.

    Extra controllers (nunchucks, sports package, Fit, etc) are always needed. Maybe colored skins for the controllers so everyone will know whose is whose. Games- need lots of games!!

    That $200+ credit will go along way toword the necessisary accessories for Wii enjoyment.

    I just have to ask Julie- how do you win a contest you didn't enter??

    ~Michelle
    www.yoichoichoi.blogspot.com

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger One Lucky Mom said...

    The irony is I didn't enter anything. The contest was held by a meal prep place. I hadn't ordered meals since August, but did in late November so I could have some dinners around through the holidays. My order was placed for the right amount during the contest dates...and I won. Truly, it was a case of blind luck.

     
  • At 11:26 AM , Blogger Marci said...

    I just got an email yesterday from that meal prep place with the first name of the winner announced and I wondered if it was you/your contest! We should go together sometime. It's more fun when you know the people assembling around you.

     
  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger Marci said...

    Your mom could also turn a profit. A friend sold hers on eBay last night for $325. Interesting enough, she also won it in a contest!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home