Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Too Much Help

Tonight, I packed for a dance competition La Nina and I will be attending for the next couple of days in San Francisco.  We're taking BART, so we need to pack light.  She'll be dancing for 4-6 hours a day, so we need lots of food and she'll also be competing which means we need her dance costume, her make up, her hair stuff, etc.  The night was going like this:Two new pairs of tight (check), company necklace and earrings (check), hair nets (check), you get the picture.

Since I keep most items in La Nina's, her dance bag was open on the bed and she was perched on a stool with my list and a pen, reading me items.  At one point, I left the room to get bobby pins or safety pins or some other dance requirement and when I walked back into the room, she'd emptied her nearly full bag on the floor. 

"Uh....what are you doing?"  I asked.  

"Helping," she answered brightly.

"But I just that stuff in there.  Why did you take it out?"  Now you have to know, I'm fighting very hard to maintain a neutral voice.  The Magster is also standing in our play shopping cart, pretending its a surf board and singing "Best of Both Worlds" at the top of her lungs into a play microphone that distorts her voice horribly.  

"I just wanted to see everything,"  she says over her sister's roar. 

I pick up the Magster to keep her from killing herself and set her on the floor. Without missing a note, she launches into "Fabulous".  "But I'm putting things in there that we need to take.  If you take them out, then they could get lost, so please don't do that."  

"Momma, I putting it all back, see?"  she said.  

The problem was I couldn't see and frankly I couldn't think courtesy of the Magster fabulous serenade.  I still have no idea if she got everything back into the bag.  The reason?  She marked up my list so bad I can no longer read it.  So, may be we have everything...may be we don't.  At least I should be able to find a drug store open in the city if we forget anything.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home