Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 10

Every day, for the past 10 days, someone in my house has been running a fever.  Every night, for the past ten nights, someone in my house has needed help in the middle of the night, thanks to the fever or some side effect...see the previous post an example of a side effect.  I'd like to say today was the last feverish day, however, I know we have tomorrow to go.  The current fever, La Nina's, should break tomorrow, no later than Friday.

All this time at home has given me lots of time to get absolutely nothing accomplished.  Oh, I've been busy.  I've administered countless doses of Advil, changed several beds, played many card and board games, completed arts and crafts projects and puzzles.  Lots of puzzles.  And television.  Yes, television has been my best friend.  It drives me batty to hear the fake laugh tracks from bad Disney kid shows mark time during my day, but a mother must do what a mother must do to keep sick kids happy.  

Just my luck, this week the kids are out of school.  So I have both girls here all day, every day.  I feel like my Spring Break was cancelled.  I was looking forward to trips to the park, the mall, the TEA party today, etc.  Instead we've been home, drinking plenty of fluids and taking naps.  I'm going to need a spring break just to recover from my spring break.  With any luck, La Nina's fever will break on Friday, and she'll be fully recovered in time for school on Monday.  Hard to believe, our entire week will be spent home on the couch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home