Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, January 03, 2005

A Quiet Day

Today was Maggie and mine's first real "day" together. It sounds funny after over a month at home but with jet lag, the Christmas shopping and La Nina's school break, we really haven't just had a "day" together.

The Magster and I had quite a nice day together. We ran a couple of errands, did some laundry, took a couple of naps (well, Maggie did, not me.) My biggest accomplishment was making a batch of congee, a Chinese rice porridge, that babies love. Truth be told, it is quite easy and I am stunned by the quantity of congee that 2 cups of rice yields. Maggie ate 2 big bowls of my creation, so I must have done ok.

La Nina went back to school today after being home for two weeks. While I missed her little spirit flitting about this morning, she really missed school and she was excited about seeing her teachers and friends. It seems like there are always 100 mini-dramas that happen during a day with 2 girls under 3, but I won't go into them tonight. We had a quiet little day and I look forward to many more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home