Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, March 25, 2005

And Then I Really Started Feeling Sick...

I awoke this morning with a new twist to my now 8 day old viral infection: Overnight my right ear became completely plugged and quite painful. So, I decided it was time to stop self-medicating and get some professional help.

Gee...when I called and explained I had been sick for 8 days, I got an appointment immediately. My folks took the girls all day (God bless them) and off I went to Kaiser. The Nurse Practioner who saw me was full of bad news: my right ear is infected and so plugged she could see the fluid resting on my eardrum and backed up into my inner ear. This might explain why I was feeling light headed... I thought it was too many anti-histamines. More Bad News: That persistent cough is bronchitis and if not better by Monday, needs to be rechecked. Ugh!

I walked out with 4 prescriptions and feeling worse than when I walked in. I knew I didn't feel well, but I didn't realize exactly how sick I was. Now I really feel terrible. Funny, how once someone confirms you are sick, you start to feel just awful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home