Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Reality Show Mania

Ok, I just finished watching Idol and I just have to vent. What is wrong with that show? First, my beloved Anwar gets booted and this week, it is Constantine. While I always knew Anwar had his limitations, I thought Constantine could win the whole thing. Even more outrageous is that dweeb Scott is still in it and was in the top 3.

People must be voting sarcastically. Why would anyone vote for Scott? He doesn't have a great voice, he isn't attractive AND he is a wife-beater. Literally. I am not buying the "every-man" title they are giving him. I swear I am not watching that show anymore. Two of the top 5 are just plain bad, and I don't care about the other 3.

This isn't supposed to be a reality show blog, but now that I am on the topic, was that great last night on the Amazing Race when Rob/Amber and Ron/Kelly thought they were in first place and the other teams were beating them? I love Rob for his pure villianous qualities, but I had to laugh when the two nice teams beat him at his own game. And I have to hand it to Gretchen making it up that rope ladder at 67 years old. The fact she and Meredith are still in this race is amazing.

I really need a 12-step program to get over my reality TV addiction. It is bad. I have so much to do and yet, I can't miss an episode (except Idol--I am done for the season). May be next season I will be strong and give one up.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I thoroughly agree with you about Constantine....he was great and his pout reminded me of Jim Morrison of the Doors. I guess it looks like Bo or Carrie to me.

    Constantine's band, before he bailed out to go on Idol is releasing their first CD and the snippets sound great. I am ordering it for sure. Here is the link to it on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009HI588/qid=1114742523/sr=2-5/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_5/103-5555117-0703048 Check it out. And you are right, that idiot Savol should be in jail, not on TV.

    Alan Berris G88

     
  • At 8:53 PM , Blogger One Lucky Mom said...

    Oh, I so agree about that Scott. I just really want him to lose. But I have sworn off Idol now that my Anwar and Constantine are gone. Besides, that is 2 hours a week and a lot less frustration!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home