Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Etc., Etc., Etc.

Norman Girls at the Hall of Fame Ceremony

I watched Dan Marino's induction into the NFL Hall of Fame to catch a glimpse of two of his daughters. Did you see them? They were flanking his wife, Cindy. Marino used our agency to adopt his youngest daughters, so I was dying to see his two Norman girls. They are certainly beautful, not that all Dan Marino's children aren't beautiful. We kept La Nina up from her nap just to see them, she was quite unimpressed. In fact, she looked at me like I was a little nutty pointing them out to her. Our involvement in FCC and our many social events with our travel mates lead her to believe everyone has kids adopted from China in their family. I have to say, it sure does seem like it these days.

The Magster Hams It Up in Church

Maggie and I went to church today, while Daddy and La Nina went to the Church of Costco. Maggie was in rare form. I put her hair in pig tails, then she added a crown to complete her princess look. She sang to every song, but of course, only after the music had ended. She pointed at the Priest and yelled, "That?" during the quiet moments between readers. And she tried to climb the pew. She got a toe hold on the flyer-holder on the back of the pew and had a leg over the top before I could stop her. Then, when I stopped her, she yelled, "NOOOOOOO". I think I actually heard it echoing through out the church. She wasn't bad, just active and loud for the entire hour. Good thing the Priest saying Mass is a big defender of inclusion of children in Mass.

In re. John Roberts

I know I hit a hot button when my personal email lights up after a post. Turns out my John Roberts post struck a chord with many of you. Most of the emails have asked questions about the post or suggested legitimate reasons why it is ok to include adoption records in the background check. I appreciate the notes, even if I disagree that there is any legitimate reason to unseal those records.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home