Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A conversation with my teen-ager...oops, I mean my pre-schooler

Me: Hey, La Nina, guess what? I'm off work today and you don't have to school.

La Nina: What are we doing?

Me: Well, I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving. You and your sister get to just hang out!

La Nina: Are we going to the park?

Me: I doubt it. I have a bunch of cooking to do. May be you can help.

La Nina: Can we frost a cake?

Me: No cake for this holiday. It's pies and Grandma is bringing them.

La Nina with brows furrowed: So, we aren't doing anything?

Me: We're hanging out together.

La Nina: Are my friends going to school?

Me: Some of them are.

La Nina: Mom, I want to go to school. It's boring at home.

Oy vey! Happy Thanksgiving everyone from the boring-est Mom ever! I thought this didn't start until the teens.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home