Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Quote of the Week

So, as you know, I have a beef about giving little kids homework. Don't worry, I'm not writing about that again. I do, however, have a funny story that is sort of related.

Part of La Nina's homework is that she has to memorize a different poem every week. It's about 4 lines long with a bunch of repeating. Lately, I've been reading her the poem while she bathes. We read the poem, translate it into English, and learn a line a day through echo reading (I read a couple of words and she echos it.) while she washes her hair, scrubs her booty and plays with a squirt gun. It's odd, but it works. She almost always knows her poem by Friday. This morning I was working with La Nina on the poem and when she stopped me.

"Mom, wait..." La Nina starts looking around the bathroom, like she's noticing it for the first time.

I stopped reading and looked at her. I thought may be she had soap in her eyes or something. After a long pause, I said, "What?"

Then with total exasperation, she said "You know something, you are the most serious woman in the whole wide world."

"What???" I asked.

"Really, Mom. Isn't this sort of silly? I'm doing homework and I'm in the bath," she said with a kind of 'duh' tone of voice as if she was really saying "Mom, you're nuts."

I started cracking up, because I agree with her, it is crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home