Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Rats, Princesses and Jedi Fighters, Oh My!

We spent the last few days since Halloween in Anaheim visiting the House of Mouse...aka Disneyland. I swear I feel like we go there so often I should write a tour book on the place. Highlights from this trip:

The Magster's now tall enough to go on several previously off limits rides. So, she enjoyed the Matterhorn and the Toon Town roller coaster for the first time. She also braved Pirates and Haunted House which she loved. La Nina refused the Haunted House, Pirates and the Matterhorn. The lines were extremely short, so it was no big deal for the Dad and I to take turns and the Magster loved going on everything twice. She's also tall enough for Space Mountain, but I didn't want to push it!

Another first on this trip, we did it without a stroller. The girls did fine, but boy did I miss having a cart to push around the backpack. I just kept telling myself I was burning extra calories lugging the load of extra clothes and emergency supplies on my back.

A sign our girls are truly girly-girls, we happened to be eating near the Jedi Training Academy during one of the performances. La Nina watched for about 3 seconds and sat back down to her lunch. After Darth Vadar made his appearance, she sighed, "Mom, who is he and what is a Jedi?" Given that there were two Dark Princes and three Jedi's in her class on the Halloween, I was surprised she didn't ask sooner. After I explained, she wrinkled her nose and said, "How boring." Perhaps, I need to get her the first Star Wars...it does have a Princess in it, right?

We also met up with Ex-Cinderella and Zeus of Taming Tenley fame. It was fun to get the girls together and put real people behind the screen names.

Another good trip and now onto Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home