Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, October 26, 2007

All The Things I Haven't Done

If I owe you something or was supposed to do something for you, my apologies. I haven't forgotten, I've been a little crazy. I haven't been home more than a couple of hours at a time in three days.

It all started on Wednesday morning. See, I left the house early around 11 to drop off the kids at their schools. Normally, I then have a couple of hours of sanity, but not this week. I had to get the car cleaned out and washed so I could drive on Carly's field trip. By the time I did that, I had to get the van configured to hold five little girls. After that it was time to pick up Maggie, then Carly and on Wednesdays we go straight to dance. We made it to dance, but I forgot it was costume day in Carly's class, so I had to run home and get her Halloween costume and a treat. Of course, that meant I couldn't possibly pick up dinner for Maggie's school picnic happening that night. Once dance ended, we picked up dinner and made it to the school picnic. We visited with other families and had a delightful time. Then we came home and collasped.

Thursday made Wednesday look like a peaceful round of golf. After I loaded five boosters into the van, La Nina and I gassed up the car and arrived at school early as I was driving. Then we loaded five giggling little girls and one other Mom into my van for the drive to the pumpkin patch. Thankfully, the girls were angels. We spent the afternoon foraging for pumpkins, then we returned to the school. I grabbed another girl and I drove the carpool to Gymnastics. After I made sure the girls where changed, I dropped the kids off, called the other dad to let him know where to find the kids clothes, then raced home to meet the Magster coming home from her day with NanaPapa. After La Nina was dropped off, I made her a quick dinner, changed my clothes and left to get my hair cut and colored. (This was vital as the Magster proclaimed my hair was three colors: black, red and white!). After that, I met some friends for dinner. You may think this optional, but it wasn't as they had a check for me.

Then today...let's see we had homework to finish before school, then school drop offs, two hours in La Nina's classroom, a dash to the store to buy a baked good I never got around to baking for the cake walk donation, a trip to the bank to drop off the check mentioned above and then we had to come home to get ready because tonight was the school's Halloween Carnival. I had to get the kids to nap after school or they would have never made the carnival. The only way I can do this anymore is to lay down with them. Fortunately for me, the kids woke me up on time, otherwise we would have never made it.
The school carnival hasn't changed since I was a kid. Literally, there was a cake walk, a ring toss, a bean bag toss, a ping pong ball into fish bowl toss, a lollipop tree, etc. The kids loved every second of it.

Tomorrow's looking quiet: Only one dance practice, two birthday parties and a dinner party here at the house. I'm sure I can pull it off. Good thing I like to be busy. I just hope I can keep up this pace through December.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home