Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

In other news...

I've started to post a blog at least a dozen times since last week, but nothing posted because I was too tired or too distracted or interrupted by some task I forgot to do. May be this one will get out if I keep things short and sweet.

School started last week for the kids. The Magster's in first grade, La Nina in second. They both seem happy in their classes and are reconnecting with friends, learning new classroom routines and enjoying the resumption of their routines. We're optimistic both girls are going to have great years. The beginning of the school year was a bit anticlimactic for me as I've been working. So really, all it did was take a way a worry. I now know the girls are happy, the dad can work and the house will stay relatively clean all day long.

In other news, soccer is in full swing. I'm coaching the Magster's team again this year. Our team name is the Daffodils. After four practices, the girls are looking good. There's still a little confusion regarding which way to kick the ball, but that will continue for many weeks. The season doesn't kick off until September 12, but I predict we'll have a decent year.

In other news, we're eagerly awaiting the audition results for the Nutcracker. La Nina auditioned for her third performance this year. She's a bit worried she's going to be a gingerbread again or even worse, a mouse. I'm sort of hoping she's an angel or a reindeer, but we'll see Tuesday. I've learned anything can happen in those auditions.

In other news, we've been eating the results of our canning adventure and I have to say, the tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes are fantastic. The jam is good too, just somewhere between syrup and jam in terms of consistency. We're already thinking about next year and swearing to switch jam recipes.

I think that's it. There's laundry waiting on the bed for me, so I need to go fold it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home