Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Spin Control

I volunteered in the Magster's class for the first time last week and had this conversation with a little friend of Maggie's.

Friend: Are you Maggie's Mom?
Me: Yes
Friend: Is it true that you flew all the way to China just to pick up Maggie?
Me: Yes
Friend: Whoa, that's so cool. My Mom didn't have to go anywhere to get me.

After I stopped giggling, I had to give my daughter a big hug. The spin was all her. I've never made it sound like a big deal that we flew to China to pick her up. In fact, I'm not even sure how she figured out it's a big deal to fly to China. Regardless, with her ability to spin a story, I'm sure Obama will be looking for her soon.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home