Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Another Day Goes By and a little More News

Another day of waiting passes, and it was a good day. We were able to get some stuff accomplished to get ready for our trip and we received a little news.

Here is the very exciting list of things we were able to get done:
*The carpets received a long overdue cleaning. This was a pre-trip requirement for my sanity during my leave. I can't stand looking at dirty carpets day in and day out. Besides, I figure it will be two years before I get it together again to get the carpets cleaned.

*Carly and I made a trip to the mall and bought her new shoes. I had a bad Mom moment: It turns out Carly's old shoes were a full size too small for her. Oops! I guess I should have taken her shopping sooner. We also picked up some cold weather play clothes for school.

*I stocked up on over-the-counter drugs for Maggie. As I learned on my last trip, you can't have too much decongestant and infant advil. I am debating if I am going to take perscription meds with me for Maggie. I think I will be able to get them if I really feel like I need them. Last time, I didn't take any for Carly and had no trouble getting them for her, so I just don't feel a huge need. Besides what are the odds I am going to get handed a second kid with bronchitis? Carly was the only one who needed antibiotics last time, I just have a hard time believing it is going to happen again.

*I stocked up on Carly's asthma medication so there won't be a shortage while we are gone. I also finally got her an extra spacer to leave at school. That will make life much easier. Always hard to remember to bring it home.

*I dropped off the records we received yesterday to our peditrician who was quite intrigued to have so much information on Maggie's growth and development. He has never seen growth records like we received. He thinks once we get her home, he will be able to use the growth and development records to confirm her birthday. In a lot of cases, girls adopted from China are assigned birthdays once they get to the orphanage.

Now for the interesting bit of adoption news: the group behind us, received their "first call" and will most likely be traveling with us. If this happens, our travel group increases in size from 13 families to about 25 families. Usually, as soon as one group gets referrals, the previous group gets their travel confirmed. So hopefully, Group 97 will get their referrals next week and we (group 96) will get our travel confirmed shortly after that. It is good to actually be getting news again, a sign the National Holiday in China is over and the process is starting to move.

So, a busy and productive day. Weekends always go faster then week days. Why is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home