Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Closing the Loop and News

Reality TV is really cutting into my blog time. Between Idol, Apprentice, Survivor, Amazing Race and the ever-instructional Nanny 911 it is amazing I write at all. But--I just need to close the loop on a few items.

Health Watch: Considering this is the sickest our house has been ever, I am happy to report La Nina is fine, I am on the mend, Maggie currently has the bug and Dad is valiantly pretending he doesn't have the bug. Maggie and Dad seem in much better shape than La Nina and I, so my fingers are crossed we are almost through this virus from hell.

Mystery Solved: I figured out one of my mysteries yesterday. I have a good idea how La Nina always seems to know about her "surprises''. Yesterday, I caught her sneaking down the hall when I was supposed to be asleep. Like any smart Mom, I didn't let on I knew she was up. After about 15 minutes of eavesdropping, La Nina decided to enter the family room. My theory is she is not always in bed when I think she is and that is how she knew about Disneyland and the Wiggles. If she is sneaking around the house at 3, what will she be doing at 13?

Mysteries Unsolved: With considerable effort, I scrubbed the stickers off the kitchen floor, but we are still missing 5 rolls of toilet paper and 24 plastic monkeys. Please let me know if you spot them.

News: This is news about me. My first freelance piece will be published in the Pleasanton Weekly on Friday. It is a cover story on Book Clubs in our city. It is pretty exciting to actually get paid to write, but it has definitely made me more paranoid than ever about my writing. I will post a link to the on-line version of my story once it is published.

Totally off the Blog Topic, but lots of fun. Here are my picks for the Reality TV I watch:
Idol: I love Anwar, but I don't think he can win. He isn't a show man and he has no rhythm. I think Carrie Underwood is a favorite, but Constantine could do well with the 'tweens voting for him. The only person I really don't like is that Scott guy. I hope he is voted out tonight. He is just awful.

Survivor: Tough to pick a winner, but I love Tom. He is so tough, he will probably be voted out soon. Ian might be a long shot to win. He is kind of goofy and seemingly harmless.

Amazing Race: Loved Gretchen and Meredith's come back last night. Too much she is getting stitches and telling him to "find the clue." Rob and Amber are evil, but lovable evil. I think the POW and the Beauty Queen could do well. This is the show I shouldn't watch. It totally appeals to the travel bug in me and by the end of every episode, I am ready to book a trip.

Apprentice: Alex seems like the shoe-in at this point. Thank goodness Erin is gone. Not that Chris doesn't deserve to get fired last week, I just thought she deserved it more.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad to hear that I am not the only one hooked on those 4 reality TV shows. GROOVE IT UP ANWAR!

    As for Survivor, GO KATIE. I must say, I do not like her much, but she is my girl in the Survivor Pool at work... :-)

    I have been on the look out for your 5 missing rolls of TP and the 24 missing monkeys...

    Thanks for the greating writing about your days. Each time I read, I can picture exactly what you are saying.

    In closing, I read your piece in PW, great job.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home