Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Baby is Growing Up

For the first time today, I had to go to one of those "sign your kid up for (fill in the activity)" days. Today, it was the Preschool Faith Formation Program at our church, think Sunday School if you aren't Catholic. So, there I was with the other Moms, moving from line to line, making sure La Nina was enrolled in the proper class, volunteering to be an aide.

It was such a surreal experience. As I wrote her full big girl name, I couldn't believe that long name represented my little La Nina-the little tot, who still clutches her 'taggies' and sucks her fingers. I couldn't help but think this is the first of many sign up sessions I will be attending. Soccer, softball and..... gulp...kindergarten are sign ups that loom large in our future over the next couple of years.

It made me realize La Nina isn't a baby or a toddler anymore. She is fast becoming a little girl despite her adorable holdover habits that allow me to deny the obvious growth that is taking place. It doesn't matter how many activities or schools or classes I sign her up for, she will always be my baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home