Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Life as our kitchen floor

By far the most abused part of our house is the kitchen floor. I could clean it daily and there would still be something sticky on it. In one day, yesterday, the following spills occured in the kitchen.

8AM- Carly's Juice. The Magster is beginning to learn to drink from a cup and grabbed her sister's morning grape juice with a little too much zeal. The result: grape juice on the floor near the kitchen table. Because her sister caused the problem, La Nina reported the incident immediately.

2PM- Smoothie- Now that La Nina is able to open the refrigerator, I often find things rearranged a little. Thus when I opened the door and the smootie blender hit the ground with a crash, I was caught off guard. The result: 24 ounces of strawberry, pineapple and banana soy smoothie splattered on the floor and cupboards near the refrigerator.

3PM- Lemonade- Lemonade is a light colored liquid the kids' have a hard time seeing in a cup. Thus La Nina thought her cup was empty, brought it to the sink from the table. Unfortunatley, she spilled several ounces of lemonade on the floor near the sink and forgot to tell me. I found it while making dinner and sticking to the floor.

I swiffered the floor 3 times yesterday and it still looks like a battle was fought and lost on it. I am just not sure cleaning it is a good use of time. I think I am better off taking the kids to the park or the pool every afternoon to save myself some house work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home