Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Oh my, I've been tagged!

So for those who don't know about cyber-tagging, it means someone else mentioned me on their blog and now I have to answer a series of questions and tag 5 more bloggers. Thanks to Lisa of Smithpartyof6 for tagging me. Here are my answers:

What was I doing 10 years ago?

I was working in downtown San Francisco for a Fortune 500 company. I was shopping on my lunch breaks and hitting happy hours with friends after work. I was going on business trips, drinking fine wine, eating at really nice restaurants whenever I wanted. Oh...those were the days!

What was I doing 1 year ago?

Well, my own blog describes some rather hellish days adjusting to two kids. It is all sort of lost in a sleep-deprived, caffeine buzzed-haze. When I think of last winter, the one thing that stands out is the amount of time I spent going to Kaiser. I have never been to the doctor so much in my life. I was there 12 times in 14 weeks if I remember right. Ugh!

Five snacks I like:
  1. Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
  2. M&Ms
  3. Lollipops (cures writer's block everytime)
  4. Apples slice in caramel
  5. Chips and Salsa

Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:
  1. Hire a personal chef to cook low-fat meals and clean up the kitchen.
  2. Hire a nanny so I could write that darn novel immediately instead of waiting until the girls go to school.
  3. Hire a professional organizer to fix my closets
  4. Hire a personal trainer to get me out of bed every morning and working out.
  5. Rent an office overlooking Main Street in Downtown so I had a place to write other than my kitchen
Hmmmm...apparently, I would outsource the role of Mom and run away from home if I was wealthy. Is that a bad sign?

Five bad habits:
  1. Talking to myself. People really think I'm crazy when they catch me doing it.
  2. Checking email compulsively. I think it is a left over work habit.
  3. Sneaking the kids' candy when they aren't looking. (Especially M&Ms and Lollipops!)
  4. Shouting at the kids. But in my own defense, they push me to it and I don't spank, so it has to come out somewhere!
  5. People tell me I am bit of a control freak eventhough I think they are wrong. It is funny they usually back up their claims with a list of examples. Hmmmm....Denial is a beautiful river.
Five things I like doing:

I can't settle on just 5, so I have 6.
  1. Hiking with my friends
  2. Writing- when I finally figure out the story that needs to be told, there is no bigger thrill.
  3. Wasting an afternoon lost in a really good book is pure heaven.
  4. Taking the kids to Disneyland
  5. Spending an afternoon with the girls, going to the Library, then walking downtown to get a hot cocoa or ice cream (depending on the weather)
  6. Taking the kids to the pool, getting a popsicle during adult swim time, and then coming home with really tired kids.
Five things I would never buy, wear or get new again:
  1. Tube top with Dolphin shorts. At 40, no one wants to see that much of me.
  2. Stilletto heals. I value my feet too much.
  3. Gouchos. They were bad in the 80's. I can't believe they are back.
  4. Leather...but this isn't by choice. The kids would just thrash a nice leather jacket.
  5. Dry Clean Only. Again, I hope this is temporary.
I guess I got stuck on the "wear" line. I can't think of anything "buy" or "get new".

5 Favorite Toys:

This will probably put me in the world class "nerds" category, but I don't own any really cool toys.
  1. My digital camera
  2. My new garage refrigerator (how lame is this?)
  3. I think I should put my sticker maker down here, but I don't know how to use it.
  4. Jumpolene...it just exhausts the kids, a beautiful thing.
  5. My new collection of every Live from the Archive CD.
Remove the top name from the list and add yours to the bottom:

www.smithpartyof6.blogspot.com
www.maggiemakesfour.blogspot.com

I hereby tag the following blogs..all of which I very much enjoy reading:

Elizabeth
Kelly and Chris
ExCinderella
BabyShanahan
SeanandGen

4 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM , Blogger Gen said...

    Thanks for visiting my blog and introducing me to yours - I love it! I already got you linked up to mine so that I can catch up with the latest.

    Ah my dear..but I already got tagged! But don't worry..next time I get tagged - I'll put you on my list ;)

    Gen :)

     
  • At 10:47 PM , Blogger M3 said...

    Tube tops and Dolphin shorts - hilarious. I had completely forgotten about those. Or maybe I just blocked them out of my mind. Dang we were all so fashionable back then, weren't we? ;-0

     
  • At 6:02 AM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

    Thanks for the tag (I think.) I have been tagged numerous times and have yet to put together my list! Oh my, so far behind! I know, if I had a million dollars, I'd hire someone to make my life look interesting when I get tagged!

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Blogger Jen R. said...

    You had a million more original reasons than I had.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home