Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, April 07, 2006

The Reason the West is Full of Weather Weanies

Well, if you like me read a lot of blogs written by Californians, you know we're all whining about the weather. Some of us are even ordering plans and starting work on our arcs. Yep, we've had 40 days and 40 nights of rain (or something approaching that) and we're sick of the rain. When the weather leads the news, you know it's going to be a bad weekend.

I know, I know. "Wimps," you Easterners think. You think West Coasters are weather weanies. We don't deal with snow, we don't deal with tornadoes or hurricanes and a little rain comes our way and all you hear is a large collective "WAAAAAAA" coming from the left side of the continent.

Here's the truth many of you Easterners may not know: We pay a lot of friggin' taxes for our good weather. ALOT. Our house prices are ridiculous and our property taxes are based on the purchase price of our homes. Therefore we pay the most ridiculous property taxes in the country, if not the world. In my mind, if I pay those taxes, it guarantees me a mild winter, a lovely spring, a hot and dry summer and a spectacular fall. I'm getting completely ripped off this year! I'm outraged. Do you think the Governator is going to give me a bad weather refund? Doubtful. Do you think the Governator is going to come to my house and entertain the girls...INDOORS? Doubtful. Do you think I can deduct extra days of rain from next year's taxes? Doubtful. This whole situation means we are paying for something the State is not delivering and it's b.s.

So, please, think good thoughts for improving weather. March was the wettest in the history of man in the State of California, and I think April will break the rain record by Monday. We pay good money for our sunshine and we want it back.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:02 PM , Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

    AMEN!!! I am the fisrt to admit that I am a weather weenie...and I want sun, NOW!
    Lisa
    Who lived in Texas and tornados scared the c@@p out of me!

     
  • At 12:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Here here!!

    I went to college in Missouri, and my first year there was coldest and snowiest in 10 years!! We did have really gorgeous falls, but I came home because I needed the smell of ocean salt in the air, and to be coated in Hawaiian Tropic for at least 5 months of the year. If I had wanted to live in the rain I would have moved to Seattle.

    ~Michelle
    www.yoichoichoi.blogspot.com

     
  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger Alan, Lila and Katie said...

    While I totally love the rain, and find that here in Santa Barbara there is never enough...I have to say that your wit just "kills" me. You are totally brilliant and hilarous. Thank you.

    Alan G88 USAA

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home