Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Cards: The Ultimate Family Activity

It's so funny that in our house Christmas Cards have become the ultimate family project. For the Dad and I, it's simply another Christmas task that must be complete. But for the girls, I pay them for their efforts, so they can buy Christmas gifts for each other and their dad. Here's how we divided up the tasks this year.

Dad: He selects the picture, uploads it to Costco, then orders the cards.
La Nina: She sticks on the return address labels and stamps.
Magster: She stuffs the envelops. (If your card from us is crumpled, you'll know why.)
Me: I'm the address guru. I keep a spreadsheet, print the labels, approve all the kids work and drop the cards in the mail.

In a little over an hour, the girls and I suffed, stickered and stamped 100 envelops. La Nina was the mistress of the process too. She would correct her sister's stuffing technique and kept demanding more supplies from me. But she was also efficient and detail oriented. It was endearing to see her work so hard to line up the stamp just right, then whoop when she got it right. Today, while we were working on our family project, I found myself for the first time truly working beside my daughters. Yet another first and one of many more to come, I hope.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM , Blogger M3 said...

    Very cool!

    We haven't even thought about xmas cards yet... we *used* to do a funny little christmas letter each year. Hm, I'm thinking we won't have time for that this year? Maybe next year will be a two-fer. :-)

    Happy holidays,
    MMM

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home